Welcome to Elderberry Girls in Medina, OH! My name is Jennifer. I’m a wife, mom of 2 girls, sister, friend, animal lover, crafter, DIYer, political-enthusiast and appreciator of all things pretty. I created this blog to express my creative side, share my tips and tricks and inspire others with beautiful pictures.
Talking about one’s self is not the easiest thing to do. I can tell you about my husband of 21 years or my two daughters or my two Golden Retrievers and a Yorkipoo, but describing myself is hard. I have a business marketing degree and currently work as an Office Manager at a local company. I have always been the creative type. I have tried every type of craft you can think of…jewelry making, cross stitch, painting, decoupage, scrap booking, soap and beauty products…I’ve done it all! This blog is my newest creative outlet. I’m learning as I go, but I’m up for a challenge so hopefully this will go somewhere positive with readers. I’m a huge fan of lists so I think the best way to get to know a bit more about me is to do it in a list of 25 things…
- I am the happiest with my nose in a book…ahhh, the smell of books! Cracking the spine, flipping the pages, folding over the corner to save my place and trying desperately to not spill food over the words or drop it in my bathtub. I don’t want an electronic device to read from. I like reading “old-school”.
- My obsession is Net Flicks TV series. I’m currently watching “Pretty Little Liars”. I have watched “True Blood”, “The Walking Dead”, “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills”, “Downton Abbey” and “Sex and the City”. I’ll need something new to watch soon so if you have any recommendations, let me know!
- My family is from Europe. My mom came to America from Germany and my dad is from Austria. I am first born generation here in America.
- I have a brother that’s 6 years younger than me. He’s an engineer.
- My favorite type of food is Mexican. Shrimp Tacos with red cabbage, Nachos, Salsa. I cover everything in jalapenos. Yum!
- I think my best quality is my personality. I can make anyone feel comfortable and included and I love hosting parties at my house.
- I wish I could adopt every animal that needs a home. It’s so hard for me to see a shelter animal and walk away.
- If I was rich, I would buy 50 acres of property and build homes on it for my family and friends. We’d have our own little community going…like a cult! haha
- I buy planners. Lots and lots of planners. It’s a sickness. I always think I am going to start being organized because of a new day planner and that has yet to happen but it doesn’t stop me from buying a new one (or two) each year. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, it makes me feel better. I could open a store.
- I’m not organized…see #9. In theory, my life is perfect and well put together. In reality, I am hunting for something I put in a safe place every day.
- I love horror movies. The cheesier, the better.
- My biggest regret is not pushing myself harder in school. If I knew then what I know now, I would have tried to get into a program where I could’ve studied in Europe.
- Some of my favorite movies are “The Proposal”, “The Heat”, “The Other Guys”, “Taken”, “French Kiss”, “Last of the Mohicans”, “Up”, and the new “Beauty and the Beast”.
- I wish my career path would have taken me in the direction of being involved in government somehow to work in that environment in Washington DC. It seems so exciting and glamorous.
- Chocolate. Dark Chocolate cake. Got to have it!
- I’m a huge talker. Love to gab. I got a swat in first grade for it when teachers were allowed to paddle students.
- I have dogs, which I love, but I am secretly a cat person. I used to have four cats and they really caused havoc in my house and did a lot of damage to my floors and I could never have fresh flowers out. As they passed away, I didn’t replaced them. My oldest was 18 when he died. My husband is not a fan, but I miss the little fluff balls. Cats are so cute and the purring used to help me get to sleep.
- Severely addicted to my phone. I feel incomplete without it.
- Coffee. Lots of coffee. In a gorgeous mug. Flavored creamer. Heaven.
- I hate camping. That is not my idea of a vacation. Peeing in the woods, cooking over an open fire, taking a bath in a cold creek or with bottled water. Yuck! Give me room service, Wifi, restaurants and a huge fluffy bed piled high with tons of pillows. Vacations are supposed to be luxurious.
- I wish I had a place to wear a fancy ballgown every day.
- God has blessed me in more ways than I deserve.
- I cannot for the life of me french-braid hair. I have two daughters, both with long hair that would love for me to put it in fancy braids. I have watched videos on Utube and my friends have tried to teach me, but I have some mental block about it. My daughter showed me a picture recently of a hairdo with braided roses and asked if I could do that. We busted out and laughed and laughed.
- I’m a homebody. In theory, I would love to be traveling around the globe living the jet-set life, but my happiest is in my home. One day though, if transporting becomes a thing, I am so going to Europe.
- I’ve always wanted to have a duck as a pet. I would name him Henry. Don’t know why exactly but it’s something I want. Maybe someday.
Also, I work with brands I like and would use, so if I give a review or recommend a product, it will be my honest opinion because I’ve used it. If you have any questions, want to just chat, would like to give a suggestion on what I should write about or want to collaborate on a project, please send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again for stopping by! Check back often for new blog topics.